Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another Day of Mama Didn't Raise No Fool. (March 14:Day 11--Globe, AZ)

Folks, I get to live in integrity and, again, honor my promise to my children.  I chose NOT to ride today after much anguish (yes, I cried while trying to decide)--for me, the traffic and road surface element of the ride was much too dangerous.  I was not alone in this assessment, and others decided to join us SAGGERS after riding a portion of Highway 60.

Do I regret my decision?

No, I know I could have made the climb. albeit slowly, but I could have done it.  The road surface, traffic, bridges and drop off into the canyon all scored very high on my 'terrified' scale, and not one I felt compelled to overcome on this trip.  Feedback from those that rode was it was challenging and the traffic was frightening---that they thought of me as I rode and agreed that I had made the right decision-->for me.  Despite that, I am proud of everyone who made the ride--what an accomplishment!

I am posting some pictures I took today---these aren't in any particular order and the site is too temperamental to edit, so here they are---enjoy.


Bikes at Sunrise

Shadow Dancing

How "SAG-gers" spend their time while waiting

Pre-ride  Snack Table

Trailer and Van


Leslie


Mike


Lois

Rita and Friends


Sculptures


Karen Cooper


Tunnel to Globe, AZ on HWY 60

Suzanne on her Bike Friday

Fellow Bloggers

Linda and Lois


Gotta go, I know the labeling isn't done yet, but it is getting late and  I need to get ready for tomorrow-- 76 miles

56 miles

4 comments:

  1. Sue:

    There is no shame in being safe - as a veteran with Bob of Highway 60, I know how dangerous it is (and how painful due to the chipseal!). I love your adventure - go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being safe is always the best decision. There is always another day to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good decision-- We would all be so sad if we never got to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you played it safe. But I'm wondering who are the dudes in the pictures? I thought this was a ladies only trip? :)
    I enjoyed catching up with you today. Sounds like you are having a blast. love you!

    ReplyDelete