Saturday, March 13, 2010

Apprehensive (March 13: Day 10--Apache Junction, AZ)

This has to be quick because it is getting late.  Tomorrow, we ride to Globe, AZ, aka 'The Top of the World".  It will be a long climb, but I feel confident that I can do it.  What has me worried is that we are riding on Highway 60 again.  We rode on that today, and the traffic was fast and unmindful of us.  We had to ride in the shoulder, which was more rumble strip than pavement.  Tomorrow will be more of the same--only some parts will have no shoulder and we have to go through a tunnel.  I am very apprehensive about this ride.  Commonsense tells me not to do it, but the other part of me says it will be Sunday morning, and there won't be much traffic....and I will be sorry  I don't once I see the actual route.  I am torn about what to do--I am very apprehensive and concerned about the danger involved.  Or is there....    I need to sleep on this!

53 miles

2 comments:

  1. you should go! unless the weather is really bad, like last time you SAGGED it up, you should try to go on every ride that you can. I'm VERY happy you are trying to be safe, but I think you will regret it if you don't go. Plus, tons of people have successfully made this ride since it started and they were ok. Just please, don't get lost in space! Stick with your friends, go as slow as you need to, and don't get lost. I look forward to hearing how it went. Enjoy!
    -your secret friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your stories and you.

    ReplyDelete