Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Go Fly a Kite. (March 19:Day 13--Lordsburg, NM)

I am benched for the next couple of days until my saddle sores heal....hopefully I will find a bike shop  and be able to buy some good bike shorts.  When I tell people I was wearing Pearl Izumi, they all just say  "oh..."  Guess I had to learn the 'hard' way.

If I had to pick a day to sag, this was a good one.  The actual ride should have been great, but the winds that plagued us yesterday are worse today.  Straight out of the southeast, they are blowing at an average of 15-18 mph with gusts up to 29.  As I sit here typing, a number of riders are sagging in.  It is a better day to fly a kite than ride.


We did cross into New Mexico today, so that means a Margarita party tonight, if the table and chairs don't fly away.
So until, let's hope the front over Texas that is producing all this wind dissipates.

75 miles

4 comments:

  1. Mommy your legs look s skinny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking the same thing, skinny-mini!!!!

    mom--do you want me to mail you some nice bike shorts to one of the hotels you will be staying at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx honey--there two bike shops at tomorrows stop. Hopefully I can get some there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Sue. Eventually, you will heal. Try to purchase 2 different brands of shorts and rotate daily. Ask for bike shorts for long distance riding and always buy butt butter or have family mail to you. Good Luck-Mary Kay ST'08.

    ReplyDelete