Saturday, March 6, 2010

Location, Location, Location (March 6, day 3--Jacumba, CA)

Tonight we are staying in the little town of Jacumba, CA.  We can literally look out the window and see the fence separating the US from Mexico--it's high, red (like the Golden Gate Bridge) and goes on for as far as the eye can see. The Border Patrol is everywhere. Even as I type, lowing flying airplanes and helicopters are sweeping the area.  Wish I had some night vision goggles--


  I keep getting text messages from ATT, telling me that I am now on the international network and will be charged international roaming rates and $20/mb for data.  That's ok--there's no ATT service here anyway.  So the question bears asking,  'how was ATT able to send me that text when I have no service?"  Things that make you go 'hmmmm'

I think we have arrived at the Bates Hotel.  We were warned that we may be staying in some "no star' hotels because that is all that was available on our route.  I certainly hope this is one of them, because if it isn't, I am afraid to even imagine what the 'no stars' look like.  It's old and not terribly well maintained, but the people are friendly and the sheets look clean.  However, this is outside the window.
 
Things that make you go "hmmm"....   Rather makes one want to sleep with one eye open.....oh, did I mention our door doesn't lock....... Glad it's not Halloween!

Good night! Sleep well! 

1 comment:

  1. If you think the Jacumba is not exactly the Ritz, wait until you arrive at Sheffler's!!!

    ReplyDelete