Thursday, March 18, 2010

White Badge of Courage....March 18:Day 15--Silver City, NM)

You've all read, (or at least aware of) the book by Stephen Crane, The Red Badge of Courage, right?  Well, after these past several days, I have earned the 'white badge' of courage.  What I am talking about is the use of zinc oxide for my saddle sores.....you know, Desitin.....the stuff mothers put on a baby for diaper rash.  That stuff, no matter how carefully applied, seems to get everywhere....on my face, on my clothes, on my luggage....  How does that happen?  How do you get it out?  Does it have a life of it's own and creep on it's own?  There is no doubt in anyone's mind when I am wearing the white badge...the only question might be..... I am sore or do I have a baby..........heavens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment